Instant Download Now!
Pages: 16 Words: 3616
To ensure student ability to analyze and evaluate effectiveness of strategic use of information systems in a business firm, each of you is expected to read a case on MIS and analyze the case in an individual paper in terms of the company’s revenue model, goals/strategy, the problems encountered in its processes and operations.
We will use the Harvard Business Case, “KEDA’s SAP Implementation” this semester. The case analysis paper should be 15 pages or less in length, including the diagrams and appendices you feel appropriate. You must cite your reference sources through the text and include a reference list using APA style at the end. The paper is to be typed, 1.5-spaced, and in a readable 12-point Arial type font with one-inch margins on four sides.
1. A cover page with an informative title, class name and code, section number, your name and date of completion (5 points).
2. A table of contents (10 points).
3. An executive summary of 100 words that summarizes the purpose of your paper, the key issue and situation in the case, your conclusion and recommendation as revealed in the entire report (10 points). The main body of the report with meaningful headings to cover the following sections:
4. Description of the case for one page with a focus on the major issue in the case under the heading Case Synopsis (20 points).
5. Description of the company’s business/revenue model, culture, and major business and information strategy within one or one and half pages (30 points).
6. Analysis of the problems encountered in business processes and operations.
6.1. Use at least half page to summarize Porter’s firm-based value chain model and the importance of using this model to describe firm-based operations and decision making levels. Please use Firm-based value chain model as the sub-heading (20 points);
6.2. Use at least one page to apply the model and decision making level identification to the specific firm situation. A figure of the value chain model about the user company must be included. Please use Model application as the sub-heading (30 points);
6.3. Use one-half to one page to analyze the needs for IS/IT implementation in the firm by identifying the functional areas affected, the specific business processes involved, and the decision levels that might be impacted. A table of problem identification is
required. Please use Implementation opportunity analysis as the sub-heading (30 points);
7. Evaluation of the IS effectiveness for solving the problems. Use one page to summarize and analyze the IS implementation process at KEDA. Use one page to analyze whether and how the functionality of the IS/IT product(s) match the business needs identified above. Please be sure to analyze the effectiveness of the IS implementation by analyzing the tangible and intangible costs and benefits of the implementation. Please use Implementation effectiveness as the sub-heading (40 points).
8. Your conclusions with recommendations for a solution and an outline for action plan, supported by a sound rationale based on literature review and other evidences. If you are supportive of the resolution as described in the case, please explain the reasons for your support. Please state clearly the implications of this case for the MIS field (20 points).
9. A list of references cited throughout the paper text using APA style, with entries no less than FIVE (20 points).
10. Overall writing skills including objectiveness, clarity in concept and in expression, consistency in format and style use, organization, and free of obvious spelling and grammar mistakes (15 points).